Sunday, August 23, 2026

Sunday Links

 For architecture buffs: American Modernism is a project exploring the work of early 20th-century American architects. Via Things Magazine

The Luna Nook Sure it’s tiny but so much better than a tent. Via everlasting blort

Beautiful Aerial Photos of Barcelona by Márton Mogyorósy. Via Langweiledich.net

Living in a pink bastide in rural France was my dream for many years but currently the reality of endless upkeep has made me content to view this one from a distance.

This was a lovely find this week: Read Me a Poem - Hosted by The American Scholar: Each week, listen to Amanda Holmes introduce and read a poem.

Another article about the Gordie Howe Bridge, a heavy infrastructure designed with rare aesthetic discipline. I hope to cross it when the US comes to its senses.

Reasons that I, a billionaire, am still miserable: I accidentally wore last season’s cashmere to an event where everyone else was wearing this season’s cashmere, and now I have to fake my own death.


Webcams from all over Japan Via Web Curios

Dear Rangers of the Petrified Forest National Park: Letters of remorse from thieves of cursed rocks

The rise of larger-than-life, space-age architecture marked the boom of car culture in 1950s Los Angeles. Googie Architecture LA: the best remaining roadside gems
Via TMN

Tech executives want your kids to use their products but strictly limit their own children's screen time and device usage. NYT Gift Link

Playing Board Games and Pool While Running Impressive! I can barely walk and talk at the same time.

Nordic Tuscany: Climate change has made parts of Sweden warm enough for vine cultivation, with new winemakers now producing world-class products there. 

Did the garter buzzer ever receive its frequency channel? Via perfect for roquefort cheese

Calling in sick to places I don’t work 

Interact with art at the National Gallery Imaginarium Via Things Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment