Your Child Is Not a Scrabble Board!

 DEAR Parents, stop it. Enough with the tricky spellings. Stop confusing your baby's birth certificate with a game of Scrabble. It's not funny, it's not clever and it's not fair.


Picture: Rohan Kelly Source: The Sunday Telegraph
Are you tempted to give your little one an unusual name, one that will set him/her apart from the teeming masses? Perhaps something like Mykal, Krystyn, Annii, Kaetlan, Emmalie, Emilee, Emmalee, Emileigh, Jennipher, Jessyka, Allisenne, Grayss, Breighanna, Eion, Sophya, Taelor, Jaxxson, Ellivia, Kloe, Aaden, Ayden, Aadanne, Kyly, Rubii, Jaydin, Eathan, Destyneigh, Morgyn, Zakkary, Ayvah, Aeva, Avah, Aevaeh, Ayva and Aiva? DON'T DO IT! Trust me, they will hate you for it.

Read more at thetelegraph.com.au
Via

Comments

  1. Quite a number of years ago, I started asking young people (regarding hiring, messages, etc.) to spell their names. The most common name seemed to have become a contest in who could spell it the weirdest way.
    Nowadays, I have a very hard time remembering co-workers kid's names...because I have nothing to reference them to...it can prove embarrassing.
    To think my Dad thought he was clever to give my name a 'y', instead of an 'i'...as in the most plain name & quite common at the time...Lynda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been happy with my name because it's so tied to the 50s but it could have been worse. I've been told that my dad originally wanted to call me Muriel after his mother but my mum put her foot down and named me after a movie star instead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter