Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gatos salvajes del Parque del Retiro

Madrid's beautiful Retiro Park is home to a number of very healthy looking stray cats. One evening last week I saw an older couple arrive with a bundle buggy of cat food. The cats were expecting them and ran over to be fed.

As we wandered on I saw this beautiful kitten by the side of the path (I admit I wanted to take it home).


When I looked up I saw a lot of kitten activity in a tree. One curious kitten was climbing down while the black one had been on the ground but was frightened and was trying to retreat to his home in the tree. Two others were watching from the safety of their "cat nest".




It looks like these guys will be ready to join the adults at the cat food buffet before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment