Friday, October 09, 2009

PM Abuses Handicapped Parking

Today Prime Minister Stephen Harper visited the Welland Riding where I work for an opposition Member of Parliament. The room was so packed with Conservatives that I nearly broke out in a rash. I could go on at length about the partisan politics this government imposes on funding announcements (and after 18 years in the political biz I feel qualified to comment) but I won't. Instead I'll relay a comment from a constituent who called to complain that the PM's 3 car entourage pulled up to a local eating establishment, dumped the VIPs and then took 3 handicapped parking spaces outside the restaurant. Great way to set an example, Mr. Harper!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:24 pm

    He abuses the handicapped. Why not abuse their parking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. The disabled do not fare well under this government.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doggirl8:28 pm

    I am not surprised!

    ReplyDelete