Wednesday, April 22, 2009

As a dog returns to its vomit...

I just hoovered up another piece of the chocolate pecan pie a friend gave us yesterday. It was sweet and decadent as only Willow can make it. Ordinarily I'd suck it up without guilt but yesterday I attended a work related 5 course Italian lunch followed by a substantial barbecued chicken dinner made by a well intentioned Mr. Nag (who had not had a gut stretching lunch) followed by the aforementioned pie. Today I had a banana for lunch in an attempt to ameliorate yesterday's pig out but once I got home I heard the siren song of the pie and that was that. I'm thinking screw the diet and buy Spanx. Yeah, that's the ticket.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. Our neighbor made us some chocolate pecan pie the other day that was outrageously sweet, and regrettably, I enjoyed every bite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should all give thanx to Spanx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on! What about Target's Assets line? 1/3 the price of Spanx but made by the same company. Has anyone tried them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. MJ, my son had the same reaction.

    ReplyDelete