Thursday, January 27, 2005

My Favourite Freebie

I'm like Steve Martin in that movie where he gets all revved up when the new phone book is delivered - I love my Food and Drink magazine - free at the liquor store. It has great food, drink and even decor and music recommendations. It's a far cry from the old days when alcohol was not displayed at the LCBO; we had to fill out a form and a clerk would scurry off to fetch a bottle from a back room. Buying a bottle of wine then seemed somehow sinister and clandestine and that wasn't a good thing. I doubt that privatization would improve the service or selection - I've been to Alberta and it was hard to find a decent wine selection. Apparently most people there drink beer and rye (not necessarily together). Keep our LCBO public - they're doing a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment