Who's doing Mulroney's PR? You've got to be kidding!

Mulroney's PR
The job of speaking for Brian Mulroney has gone to Navigator Ltd.

Navigator's principal officers include Jaime Watt, a prominent strategist who has played key roles for the Ontario Progressive Conservatives; Robin Sears, a former national director for the New Democratic Party; and Glen Murray, the ex-mayor of Winnipeg.

Mr. Watt said Mr. Sears and another Navigator employee, Joseph Lavoie, (no relation to Luc Lavoie), "are quarterbacking this.

When I was really young I worked briefly as a peon in the fledgling CITY- TV newsroom. Sears worked there too, in a loftier capacity and wouldn't remember me (although, in my view, I was seriously hot). I only remember him because he gave me some life altering advice: "The only storebought yogurt worth eating is Astro". This was true at the time and may still be; I stopped pretending to like yogurt many years ago and I hope Robin has too.
Sears was national NDP campaign chair during those heady "cult of Ed (Broadbent)" years. Our paths crossed again when he was chief of staff to former Ontario NDP leader Bob Rae. NDP staffers called him by the endearing nickname, Vlad the Impaler ( I know cause I was a staff member). To be fair to Vlad this was partly because he stood between a lot of party wingnuts and the leader. (Robin was severely punished for his naughtiness when he was appointed to a senior trade posting in Japan. Would that I could be punished so severely!). I'm sure Bob got to see whomever he chose to see but folks still blame Robin the Gatekeeper for restricting their access to the leader. I understand and forgive him for all that. What I can't forgive is his willingness to put a positive spin on the Mulroney fiasco. It stinks and now I think he stinks too.

Comments

Statcounter