Sunday, October 04, 2026

Sunday Links

Image: Spoon & Tamago

OrySnack is a Tokyo sake bar where your bartender is working from home. (image above)


Jikji, a collection of Korean Buddhist Teachings is the oldest book printed with movable type. It’s now digitized online. Read More: Open Culture 


If I were having a barbecue I probably wouldn’t use this soundtrack but feel free to copy the link if it’s up your alley.

Soup season is upon us and I would love to make every one of these.  NYT gift link

12 Best Places to Eat Soup Around the World I have eaten in just one of these restaurants (Au Pied de Cochon) and can’t remember if I had onion soup.

Packard Eight Station Sedan 1948. There are probably fewer than ten left in the world. I’ve always been a fan of woodies and this one is a beauty. Via Tacky Raccoons

Don’t Cook That Really, just don’t!

1950s Australian Houses Made with Durabestos and Fibrolite!


We all have a place where we toss the detritus of everyday life, don’t we? Here is Grace Baldwin’s Giant Junk Drawer Project Via PfRC

A family-run strip-mall joint in the Houston suburbs may the world’s busiest restaurant. - NYT gift link


There is a possible alternative to LASIK that reshapes the cornea without cutting it or using a laser.

She went to the hospital and found out there’s no cure for stupidity

Bastardica Is it cool or does it suck?

The History of House Colors

Maps: The 30 Most Democratic & 30 Most Republican Major Cities In The US


When the moon melts over the sky and the sun is still sleeping behind the hill, when the cats stop hunting mice and before the crows find their first prey, the boys who are born in that moment, are given the name Zoran. (Aeon Videos)

Could it be that the Your Body, My Choice movement sends a confusing message to boys? Trying to make sense of America’s rape culture.

Lobster is Lobster A language game Via Webcurios

No comments:

Post a Comment