Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Who ya gonna call? Mythical discipline enforcers in (almost) every country

Sometimes kids are naughty and parents have to outsource discipline. Who do they call for help? It all depends on what country they live in. Apparently when it comes to enforcement many parents like to keep it local.

Click here for larger image

I grew up in Quebec where, according to TheToyZone, badly behaved children were threatened with  Bonhomme Sept Heures, a mean looking man with a sack and a watch who would carry children away if they weren’t in bed by 7 o’clock. (I never heard of him.) When it came to discipline, my mother was more than capable of handling it herself. The only mythical enforcer I remember being threatened with was the cheery guy in the red suit who could turn on a dime if you sassed your parents. My mother began about three months before Christmas (He sees you when you're sleeping, He knows when you're awake, He knows if you've been bad or good, So be good for goodness' sake.) The ever-vigilant Santa scared the living daylights out of me. 

More here

No comments:

Post a Comment