Sunday, December 19, 2021

Sunday Links


Weighing approximately 1,500 kg (more than 3,300 pounds), the 23 foot wide snowflake made by Ingo Maurer in 2005 for UNICEF’s annual Snowflake Ball is still the largest crystal snowflake made to date.




What time is it? It's Literature O'Clock 

Toffs and Toughs -The sad story of a photo that illustrates the class divide in Britain, 1937 

The 50 Best Bars In the World I imagine a round in any of them would cost a pretty penny.

London lamp-post art: homemade notices people display in their windows and the protest stickers attached to every available surface along the pavement.


These Christmas Tree Cocktails might be a little too festive for my liking.



Magical miniature worlds The therapeutic benefits of terrariums have proven to be a particular attraction in the recent lockdowns. (Thanks Bruce)


When I was a kid I watched a lot of old movies on tv with my grandmother. A lot of them featured classy characters drinking exotic cocktails and champagne in swanky lounges. I thought that I would do the same when I grew up but I ended up drinking draft beer and cheap wine in dive bars. Vintage Postcards of Mid-Century American Cocktail Lounges  (via Memo Of The Air)

The 78 Best Documentaries of All Time I've seen 17 of these and I enjoyed all of them. Lots more to watch. (Thanks Bruce!)

A cult Christmas classic: Beatnik's Wish (via Everlasting Blort)

If you don't want to see a seagull eating a rat don't look at this


The turkey is too big for the oven! Your niece is suddenly vegan! How to survive the 12 disasters of Christmas 


Dinosaur, Colorado (thanks Bruce)


Did the Chrome Hearts Family Forget They Owned a Townhouse? I wonder if I might have a $14m property that I've forgotten about…


A great big load of awesome: Guns N Helmets  (via Memo Of The Air)

No comments:

Post a Comment