Sunday, January 31, 2021

Sunday Links

View from the Centre Pompidou - Marilyn Bellamy

Zinc: One could argue that zinc roofs say “Paris” every bit as much as the Eiffel Tower.

The London Locations In Netflix's Bridgerton

When I saw QAnon, I knew exactly what it was and what it was doing. I had seen it before. I had almost built it before. It was gaming’s evil twin. A game that plays people. (cue ominous music) A Game Designer's Analysis Of QAnon Thanks Bruce!


NYT Haikus (@nythaikus): the output of a bot that scans the NYT for Haiku.

Would you like to get away from it all? 17 of these 1960s midcentury modern holiday chalets in Ponte Cremenaga, Switzerland are for sale. Via Things


The woman who read Hank Aaron's's hate mail. In 1973, the baseball legend got 900,000 letters. It was Carla Koplin Cohn’s job to report the threats to the FBI.

They are strangers, arms outstretched, waiting for the boy to fall. If you read only one story this week read The Catch


The reported extinction of this Tasmanian tiger has always made me feel sad because they looked a lot like my dog, Liz. I was glad to read this news. New sighting of a thylacine, a thought-to-be-extinct carnivorous marsupial

Victims of telemarketing scams in the U.S. lose a few billion dollars each year. Who is making all these scam calls? Here's a related story about a woman who knows how to handle scammers. 

Climbing up Europe's tallest chimney in Slovenia Thanks Bruce!

 Marathon Typographer Lorenzo Petrantoni crams more type in a square centimeter than a warning label or phone directory. Via Perfect For Roquefort Cheese.


The Playground Jungle examines the "Folk Process" in playground jokes, songs and customs. Thanks Bruce!

 Documentaries of the Decade with links to where you can watch them.


Where unsold items end up after Oakland's huge White Elephant Sale I really don't need any more white elephants but I couldn't resist subscribing to their mailing list.


Panoramas and city views of Russia.

I have found the car of my dreams. The auction is in May, just in time for my birthday (hint, hint): 1954 Swallow Doretti Roadster

No comments:

Post a Comment