Monday, September 30, 2013

Abeego Update


In June I mentioned that I'd ordered a set of fabric covers from Abeego and said I would give an update. They arrived two days later. The covers are made from a hemp and cotton fabric infused with beeswax and jojoba oil that is pliable at room temperature, then becomes rigid and holds its shape when cooled down.
They come in three sizes. I use the smallest one most often to wrap half an onion, a lemon or something like that.  If I have leftover salad I just cover  the bowl it's in and don't have to use a second container so the dishwasher doesn't fill up as fast. They wash up easily with a bit of environmentally friendly detergent and are still going strong. 
The main advantage is not having to use cling wrap. I've given them a fair bit of use and they are holding up well. A set of three different sizes is $15 and they are Canadian made. 



No comments:

Post a Comment