Junk Drawer Art Project

Do you have a junk drawer that looks like this?


Well I don't! This is only because I made cleaning out my numerous junk drawers a priority once I left work and had more time on my hands. I actually had to search Google images to find a messy junk drawer. That felt good!

If you have a disgusting junk drawer in your home you could clean it out like I did or, if that sounds like too much effort, you could donate it to art!

Pennies, Band Aids & Safety Pins wants your junk drawers to add to their installation examining the personal objects people keep hidden there. The installation will consist of dressers presented like historical artifacts or museum displays.

Via Good

Comments

  1. That is one messy drawer! It is just the thing I'm looking for and I cannot wait to organize and display everyone's things. Thank you so much for writing a blog post.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad I didn't hear about the project until after I'd gone on my mad cleaning spree. I had drawers full of dead batteries, warranties for appliances that bit the dust decades ago, ribbons and bows I was sure I'd reuse, collars and leashes that belonged to long dead pets, greeting cards I saved because something about them caught my fancy (damned if I know what), dry felt pens and scraps of paper with phone numbers scribbled on them (who on earth did they belong to?). And to think I threw these objets d'art in the trash!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter