Would You Decorate Your Daughter's Locker?

I read this at Mouthy Housewives:

Last week a friend of mine was at the middle school with her daughter Megan for student orientation. After getting her class schedule from the front office, the two of them went to find Megan’s locker and were shocked to see a group of moms busy decorating their daughters’ grey metal lockers with (wait for it) this:



Does  this happen in the real world? I wouldn't know because I live in a bubble and have my own warped reality which includes neither daughters nor Barbie dolls. Do my sons feel deprived because I neglected to decorate their lockers with soccer ball or marijuana leaf patterned wallpaper when they were in high school? If so they'll get no sympathy from me. When I was a kid a photo of the Monkees torn out of the latest issue of Tiger Beat was good enough for me.


Comments

  1. Like you, I only had sons, but...locker decorating seems like a rite of passage to be shared among other friends (no moms allowed). Seems a bit too much like helicopter parenting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who has time for this? I don't even decorate my own office and it's taken me 25 years to get my home halfway presentable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have three daughters -they bought a couple of locker bins for storing things, but no decorations. The oldest is still working on getting maintenance to come and fix her locker because it won't open!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How embarassing this would be for my children when they were young. And what a waste of time and money when both could be given to volunteer work or charity causes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you didn't disappoint me, Miss C.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter