Vivian Maier - Her Discovered Work

This is a fascinating story. John Maloof stumbled upon a cache of photographs and undeveloped film and was driven to find out more about the photographer. He found out that she was Vivian Maier, a French born Chicago nanny.
I acquired Vivian's negatives while at a furniture and antique auction. From what I know, the auction house acquired her belongings from her storage locker that was sold off due to delinquent payments. I didn't know what 'street photography' was when I purchased them.
It took me days to look through all of her work. It inspired me to pick up photography myself. Little by little, as I progressed as a photographer, I would revisit Vivian's negatives and I would 'see' more in her work. I bought her same camera and took to the same streets soon to realize how difficult it was to make images of her caliber.



See much more at Maloof's blog Vivian Maier - Her Discovered Work - Via Mefi

Comments

Statcounter