Recently discovered footage of Leonard Cohen performing ‘Suzanne’ in 1972


Dangerous Minds

Comments

  1. Oh, that's beautiful!
    I first heard Leonard Cohen in a little yellow wooden house, (Lilla Gula Huset), on a hill, on an island in the middle of the Baltic sea.
    Those songs take me back, to a life, and to people who i forget, a little more, year by year, but should not.
    To dining outside, in the moonlight, skinny dipping off the smooth, glaciated rocks, to a candle in a winebottle and the murmur of conversation, the sound of a quiet guitar, a voice singing. Scent of summer flowers in the dark.
    This music has for me the effect of Proust's madeleine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soubriquet, that is lovely. I grew up in Montreal and Leonard was part of the scene. This video brings back memories for me too. He looks so young. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter