Friday, April 10, 2009

Sympathy for the Wino


Living in wine country, I think I have enough experience with fermented grapes to review this vintage:

Inky and blackish colour. Overwhelming nose of old man complemented by a whiff of ashtray and and a hint of brimstone. Flavours consistent with the nose, tart, leathery, lip-puckering plonk. Best swigged with an order of suicide wings, preferably in close proximity to a blast furnace.

If you don't know a Nero D'avola from a Gewurtztraminer you may prefer to quaff a celebrity vintage. Madonna, Streisand or Celine Dion? I think I'll take a pass.

This link was passed to me by fellow townie, Roddy Heading. Thanks Rod!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:55 am

    I knew ABBA had some deal worked out with IKEA but this takes old rockers marketing to new heights of excellence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is too short for rock and roll wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful review, Nag.

    Cheers!

    Rock N'Roll wine is enough to drive me back to beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be caught dead drinking that stuff - unless there was nothing else to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. The capper!

    ReplyDelete