Schwarzenegger

Schwarzenegger can order two furlough days a month .
Ahnold's furlough days bear an uncanny resemblance to Ontario's infamous "Rae Days" in the 1990s that hit both Mr. Nag and I in the pocketbook. Gutting collective agreements may well come back to bite Schwarzenegger on the ass. Ask Bob Rae who is now considered unelectable at the federal level, in large part because he did just that. Of course Ahnold may hold an advantage: his muscles are corporal while Bob's are merely intellectual.
Via Pam

Comments

  1. I might vote for a Liberal with Bob Rae as PM. I prefer him to Ignatieff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked for the NDP during the Rae years (as well as before and after) and I admire Bob a great deal. I also prefer him to Ignatieff who seems stiff and right leaning. Unfortunately there are many folks around who blame him for the recession in the early 90s. I hear it at the door all the time during campaigns. I don't think he could have overcome the problem he had in Ontario even if he managed to win the leadership.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter