My Post-Birthday World

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm not much of a birthday person. I try to forget mine and don't remember other people's. I was surprised at the number of folks who either phoned, emailed or sent cards to me this year even though this was just a regular old birthday - not one with an 0 on the end marking the entrance into yet another decade. Thanks y'all.
What comes along with the birthday territory? Saggy jowls, that's what. What could be worse than saggy jowls, you ask? Why a giant zit on those jowls! I'm having my driver's license photo taken today and I have what looks like another head trying to emerge from that wattled area beneath my chin.
Mr. Nag knows how I love Cotes du Rhone and asked himself, "What would The Nag like better than a bottle of Cotes du Rhone?" More Cotes du Rhone of course. Long story short I woke up this morning feeling like I'd sucked up a body of wine approximately the volume of Lake Ontario. I'm sure the always critical MTO camera lens will capture every nuance of that "morning after the night before" look.
As if that weren't enough my Mac is giving me attitude and I've lost the install disc and will likely spend most of my day trying to get the good folks at Apple to send me a new one.

Comments

  1. Bummer.

    Well, a belated happy birthday and a happier post-birthday, anyway. I wish you the best.

    "Life is a chair of bullies" - Soupy Sales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, then, Happy Belated Birthday! And I just started reading the real Post-Birthday World yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure to post your reaction to it. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter