Connie hates Peter... and his silly hat


Conrad Black doesn't like Peter Newman's writing nor does he care for his hat. In the National Post article, A Peddler Of Gossip, Well Past His Prime Black gives Newman a verbal horsewhipping:
Newman claimed an intimate knowledge of my wife's and my sex lives, with each other and elsewhere. He knows nothing of these subjects; the passages are frequently defamatory. Only a qualified psychotherapist could say what would possess an author who takes himself seriously to write such drivel. His principal comment on my current legal travails has been to regale Canadian television viewers with predictions that I will spend many years being sexually assaulted in U.S. correctional institutions. I think not, but I will leave that one also to the psychotherapists.

And this paragraph is even more cruel:
Now 78, shambling about in his ridiculous sailor's cap, bilious and at least verbally incontinent, Newman is pitiful, but not at all sympathetic. Canada and Canadian letters and journalism would benefit from his subsidence.
I sincerely hope that Newman responds with a figurative bitch slap. I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Statcounter