Old women in the news

The world's oldest person died in Japan at 114. I wonder what it's like to be the oldest person in the world. There are some mornings when I feel like that person but it's probably not the same.
Mississauga mayor, Hazel McCallion was on the news last night making a transit announcement and she looks like the oldest woman in the world (right).
Brooke Astor has (finally) died at 105, likely not knowing how old she was or even who she was.
At the age of 107 Canadian born Mary McCarthy, though wheelchair-bound, is still going strong in Cuba despite the fact that the US government has frozen her assets since 1959. The situation's desperate - she's running out of money for booze and smokes.
In other old lady news, The Nag has decided to slow down and smell the roses (also weed, feed, spray and prune them). Yes, I am retiring once again! If I live to be 117 I should have almost enough time to do all those things I've always wanted to do.

Comments

Statcounter