Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm Seeing The World Funny Today

A couple of headlines in today's Toronto Star made me laugh. They aren't funny at all but the instant images they produced in my mind amused me for a couple of seconds. When I read "Canadians Accused of Afghan Abuse" I imagined my Auntie Sheila's handmade afghans tossed in a pile at the back of the closet instead of neatly folded in a blanket box. This headline : "Oda's `Juno Joyride' in Limo Costs $5,475" had me envisioning federal Culture Minister, Bev Oda, roaring up to the Junos in a stretch limo, brandishing a bottle of Screech, pantyhose hanging off one leg, a bare foot dangling from the limo window, delivering a drunkenly slurred version of "We Will Rock You" to Juno guests. Now that would've been funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment