McDonald's delays food labels

McDonald's of Canada Ltd. says it has postponed plans to begin voluntarily disclosing on its packaging the amount of fat, protein, carbohydrates and salt in its food.
Is it possible that they have something to hide?
I don't want to come down too hard on McDonald's as I am one of the few who are in their debt. Almost 20 years ago, when my kids were still small and cuddly and cute, I won a weeklong ski trip to Jay Peak, Vermont for 4 from McDonald's. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we continued to take ski vacations until the boys were grown up. I must admit that I sternly rationed family trips to Mcdonald's and haven't set foot inside one of their franchises for years.
I very much doubt that I'd return as a customer even if they did post nutritional info but I do think it's a good idea. People should have some idea of what they're ingesting.

Comments

Statcounter