The Candy-Bar Taste Test

I'm not a big fan of chocolate. I like chips and/or alcohol- am I mental or what? But from my limited experience I'd have to agree with this guy on all counts (love Baci, despise chocolate mints) except I've never tasted Caramello so I'll just have to take his word on its yummy goodness rating.

We fed a blindfolded Francois Payard of Payard Patisserie and Bistro 14 mass-market chocolates, with nothing but a glass of Fiji water to clear his palate.
Dove Milk Chocolate
This one I like. This is dark chocolate; I can taste the cocoa paste in this one. It's very good. It's like having the cow in your mouth. In France, we like dark chocolate; in America, it's always milk chocolate.
Hershey's Milk Chocolate
Ewgh. This one is very sandy in my mouth, very sugary. This is terrible. Too sweet. This must be a chocolate for baking. I don't want to say that this chocolate is boring, but it is.
Caramello
I like this one, but it is very sweet. Voila this one is good. I like the caramel inside; it's very creamy.
Ferrero Rocher
Ewgh, no, this is terrible.
Nestle Crunch
This is interesting. I like the crispy, and the texture is not too much.
York Peppermint Pattie
I can tell even without seeing it that the sugary paste is very bright white, no? It's very artificial.
Junior Mints
I know these are meant to be refreshing. I wouldn't say it tastes like toothpaste,
but something like that.
M&M’s
This one is an M&M, of course. Do the colors taste different? I don’t know, do you know? I’m not sure if food dye has a flavor. I can’t tell the difference.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup
I don’t like this; I don’t like having so much peanuts in me. It’s overpowering.
Toblerone
This is like an imitation of Toblerone. I used to like Toblerone. I’m not impressed with this. The nougatine piece inside is so sticky. I don’t eat chocolate to get sticky in my teeth. This is for people who don’t really know chocolate.
Kit Kat
This reminds me of when I was little because I was eating Kitty Kat every day. But this one is stale—taste it; it’s not expired to you, is it? It happens a lot with wafer.
Snickers
I can imagine this is like an energy bar. It's good, creamy, and the peanuts are good. As it turns out, I love peanuts, but most Frenchmen don't. Peanuts are very American.
Baci
This one is the most delicious. Is it Ferrero Rocher? I like the praline paste. It/s a hazelnut-and-sugar mix with cocoa-paste filling. The flavor is very good.
Cadbury Dairy Milk
No, this one is not good; it's too dense, too thick with sweetness. This is like Belgian chocolate; it tastes very fatty. There's no interesting character. You can't even enjoy the cocoa liquor in it.

Via Slashfood

Comments

Statcounter