Yard Sale Addict


I have spent nearly every Saturday morning for the past 20 years going to yard sales in intown neighborhoods in Atlanta. I seldom buy anything anymore. Am I wasting my time? I am addicted. But it's no longer the buying that attracts me.
It is observing what other people have done with thier lives and how this is reflected in what they are getting rid of. I am more of a anthropologist than a bargain hunter. But I am an addict.
He's from Atlanta; yeah, that's the ticket. If this isn't Mr. Nag it's his friggin' doppleganger. My husband keeps dragging stuff home. He doesn't care if it makes me crazy; he can't seem to help himself. You think this is a harmless addiction? One day I'll post pictures of our garage, basement and attic. See the thirty years of detritus accumulated therein and you won't think this habit is so cute. You might even pity me.

Via Neatorama

Comments

Statcounter