Bonsoir Mes Amis!


Paris in the spring! Good art, good food, good weather, good company. Here's a view from our apartment on Rue de la Bienfaisance where we enjoyed more than a few glasses of Cotes du Rhone on our 8th floor balcony. That's St Augustyn Church on the right.

We caught some of our favourite museums - Jacquemart-Andre, D'Orsay, Nissim de Camondo, Picasso and Rodin (Picasso and Dora Maar at the Picasso Museum and Cezanne and Pisarro at the Musee D'Orsay were outstanding shows). The Orangerie was supposed to open on May 5th after being closed for many years but the opening has been delayed yet again. I was hoping to see Monet's water lilies in their original environment.

We visited many churches, the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. We tramped through the Marais, strolled along the Champs-Elysees, rambled down le Mouffetard, shopped in St. Germaine, fought the crowds at Montmartre and relaxed at the Parc Monceau and the Luxembourg Gardens.

We ate at some of our favourite restaurants and discovered a new one - Camille in the Marais.

I gave a head rub and neck massage to a stranger sitting in a chair in a store, having mistaken him for Mr. Nag. Strange thing was he didn't react. When my sister pointed out my mistake I made an awkward apology to which the Mr. Nag-like guy responded, "But I was silent!" I guess he likes being fondled by Canadian women of a certain age. My sister and I fled the scene laughing as hysterically as teenagers.

We flew Zoom which was ok except for the movies, Big Mama's House 2, Yours, Mine and Ours and that one where Queen Latifa thinks she's dying. For this crap you have to pay 5 bucks for headphones! Luckily the flight attendant spilled a glass of orange juice all over me and paid me $15 cash so the movies ended up being free but they still sucked.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something....oh yeah, a pigeon laid an egg on Mr. Nag and a glass exploded in my sister's hand.

That's it for now, I'm still on Paris time.

Comments

Statcounter