Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Green Feet This Time


Last time I went to Paris I came home looking like an alien: green with black toes. I think the green was the result of drinking too much vino on the flight; I had my fair share and Mr. Nag's as well. The black toes came about after a walk from the Louvre to the flea market at Clingnancourt, a trek of many kilometres. For that hike I wore a pair of Hushpuppies with a very slightly elevated heel (no, not kitten heels; I'm talking a big square rubber heel about 1/2 inch high). This was at the height of the SARS epidemic but no questions were asked at the Toronto airport when Mr. Nag wheedled our way through the short and fast-moving handicapped lineup because his wife was feeling unwell (and presenting symptoms of SARS). My queasiness evaporated after a few hours but my feet were a mess - I lost four toenails and it took them all summer to grow back - no sandals for me that year. No more green skin and black toes! I have bought a pair of cute Sauconys. This year I will have green toes and, if the sun shines as I hope it will, brown (not quite black) skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment