Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Soberano


Soberano
This little brandy guy came as a hitchhiker on a full-sized bottle of vodka. Great name, Soberano, and a bit of a misnomer if one were drinking a normal sized portion. The curious thing is, when Mr. Nag opened the midget bottle, the aroma reminded us both of Faro, Portugal. Our first night there (many years ago) I mentioned to the innkeeper that we'd sampled a wonderful brandy at a local establishment earlier that evening. Said innkeeper induced me to sample at least 10 types of his own brandy (gratis) to determine the precise brand I'd sampled. Being young and jet-lagged I drifted off (read passed out) right there at the bar and had to be carried to my room. It was in a sardine merchant's mansion and there was a dog that was a negative version of our Heidi - dark brown to her white. Great trip, nice dog, memorable brandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment