Sona si latine loqueris.


Honk If You Speak Latin!
This website provides all sorts of useful Latin phrases such as "Non calor sed umor est qui nobis incommodat." It's Latin for "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."
How about"Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem." ? Translation: "In the good old days, children like you were left to perish on windswept crags."
Perhaps you prefer a little social commentary:"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt." This means "When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults."
I was a serious Latin student all through high school. The stories we had to translate were all about the Punic Wars and other mind-numbing subjects but at Christmas time we got to sing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Jingle Bells (tinniunt, tinniunt,tintinnabula) in Latin which I always found hysterically funny. I guess I've kept my adolescent sense of humour.

Comments

Statcounter