It all starts with baguette


TheStar.com - It all starts with baguette
Great article on eating in Paris. On one of our trips to Paris we stayed in a hotel just up from Chartier, a turn of the century retaurant down a little alley. It is very popular with tourists but I got a piece of dried up roast chicken whereas, at a greasy spoon type place on the way up to Montmartre I got out of this world roast chicken and frites. Nonetheless, I'll probably take my sisters there in the spring, if only for the immense, high ceilinged, mirrored interior with brass bag racks above the tables. I'm sure that Parisians think Chartier is the Disney version of a brasserie but it's cheap and close to several Passages, those beautiful pedestrian mini-malls, ideal for a fin-de-siecle shopping cruise.

Comments

Statcounter