Monday, September 02, 2024

Laurie Anderson - Flying at Night

Amelia, Laurie Anderson’s new album charts the 1937 round-the-world flight of Amelia Earhart. I think it’s beautiful.


FLYING AT NIGHT Music and lyrics by Laurie Anderson I remember going to the airfields at night in Los Angeles And watching the daredevil pilots do loop de loops up in the sky And I knew then that I wanted to fly. Running across the dark lawn when I was a kid Top speed into the darkness Nothing below me. Nothing above me I’m flying. I’m free. Skimming the water, riding the airwaves High diving down through the sky I always knew I wanted to fly. Flying at night into the darkness Turn off the headlights. Nothing below me. Nothing above me. I’m flying. I’m free. Skimming the water, riding the airwaves High diving down through the sky I always knew I wanted to fly.
Bonus: Watch the video of Laurie Anderson sharing the story behind her new album

No comments:

Post a Comment