Sunday, August 18, 2024

Sunday Links

rendering of the Takara-yu sento in Tokyo


Japanese illustrator Enya Honami uses a style of architectural rendering known as isometric drawings to faithfully recreate cross-sections of Japanese public bathhouses, or sento. (image above)

“By’r lady, your ladyship is nearer to heaven than when I saw you last, by the altitude of a chopine.”  Link

“She lived like a wicked little animal." Harlequin Book Cover Collection on Flickr via Memo Of The Air

Contestants in the Race Across Europe  must travel from London to the Albanian capital of Tirana using only public transit.

I drive a black Rav and so does everyone else in the world so I sometimes have trouble finding my car in a crowded parking lot. I wonder if this hack actually helps.

One Year After a Devastating Fire, Lahaina's Iconic Banyan Tree Is Healing

Stories to make your day a little happier Because who doesn’t need that?

Letters Anonymous is an online platform for people to submit their letters anonymously. Because everyone has a letter to write. (via Web Curios)

Athens’ Piraeus Tower is the first green highrise in Greece. It’s a mixed-used, fully accessible, and sustainable landmark.

Cats appear to grieve death of fellow pets - even dogs!

“In the room the women come and go, talking of Larry, Curly, Moe…”  The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock if T.S. Eliot mentored by the Three Stooges instead of Ezra Pound (my favourite link this week)

A Road Trip Into Oblivion: The Disappearance of David Lovely

The Mushroom Boom: From beer to vegan leather, fungi are increasingly being used in new ways. But there’s still a lot we don’t know about the mysterious organisms.

I like this Calgary home that draws inspiration from the lines of the classic California bungalow.

How to make a broiler ‘map’

Essie Dunbar: The woman who lived for another 40 years after being buried alive.

More interesting than it sounds: Venturing Inside the Mouth of the Tiny-But-Mighty Shrew. A couple of weeks ago my cat, Carmen, woke me with a gift. It was an injured shrew. She’s an indoor cat so I know she found it inside the house (WTF!). After reading this article I was glad it hadn’t bitten me.

Every TV Show Astronauts Can Watch on the ISS 

A trailer for a Cary Grant movie I’ve never seen: The Bachelor and The Bobby-Soxer (1957)

"Sleeping in the Forest" - Mary Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment