Sunday, June 19, 2022

Sunday Links


When his childhood home in Ste. Marie, Quebec was due to be demolished due to flood damage, the creative director of Paprika Design in Montreal honoured those who have lived  and visited over many decades. The typography picks up the architectural details of the columns. See more.


Sign in to Small World using your Twitter account and you can view all the people you follow on Twitter on an interactive map.

This does not make sense to me: The Prison Bra Rule

This is what I call collaboration (via Memo Of The Air)

The Smallest International Bridge is just 32 feet long.

LARPing Goes to Disney World Before my friend Bruce sent me this link I was not familiar with the term 'LARPing'. Now I know what it is.


Transcript of an interview with an advanced AI named GPT-3, who is secretly a squirrel.

Yoko Ono's Art of Defiance Did celebrity deprive her of her due as an artist?

The Airstream Heritage Center holds a collection of vintage “Silver Bullet” trailers.

I've already read a few of these and just ordered two that are new to me. NYT favourite summery reads

The Best Bridges to Drive Across (via Perfect For Roquefort Cheese) One that is not on the list is the Irminio Bridge in Sicily. I was a little bit terrified driving across it but it was mighty impressive.

A vision of heaven: A gorgeous collection of John Hinde's photos of rural Ireland in the 1950s and 1960s. 

An alternative to expensive and costly cosmetic surgery? Apparently the parasite Toxoplasma gondii (T. gondii), commonly transmitted through cat feces, can also make people appear more attractive. (Thanks Bruce!)


Birds, dragons, faeries, and more: These miniature automata are adorable.


He left a restaurant because his girlfriend was slurping her spaghetti. Is this man an a**h**e?  


Paradise Learned I came across this 12 year old post in my Facebook Memories and  I still find it interesting so I thought I'd share it. (Also interesting is the fact that I cannot remember writing it…)



Riding a bike on a highway Sometimes it's faster than a car. 


These vases by Vanessa Mitrani!

What Men Don't Like About Women Today there's a name for guys like this: incel. (via Memo Of The Air)

2 comments:

  1. Seems to me a bra would be an excellent place to hide contraband like drugs or cash in prison.
    The bicycle riders of the highway are noticed by most drivers and it angers some. All a driver has to do is suddenly open their door to ruin the bikers day. Works with motorcycles too.
    Wow, the PEI bridge is $50 now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thought about bras. Criminal minds think alike?

      Delete