Wednesday, December 29, 2021

RIP Jonco

Last night I was scrolling through Facebook and came across a post on Jonco's timeline that looked like an obituary titled 'End of an Era'. I couldn't believe what I was reading - I'd just teased him on Facebook the day before - and I had to read it again. The post was from his family telling his readers that he had passed away unexpectedly. Jonco started his Bits & Pieces blog in 2002 and over the years we combed the same blogger neighbourhood for links and frequently ran into each other online. He was a great guy, friendly, funny as hell and a lover of dogs. He gave the gift of laughter to scores of readers every day and we will miss him very much. My heart goes out to his family on the sudden loss of their dear husband and father. It is indeed the end of an era.


5 comments:

  1. Oh No!!!! One of my go-to blogs! So very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a chuckle out of his blog every day for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as your comment came in I was thinking that Gerard and Jonco and you (at Grow-A-Brain)were the first three to post links to my blog. I felt so encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. long before June 4, 2007

    https://growabrain.typepad.com/growabrain/blog_of_the_day/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this blast from the past Hanan.

    ReplyDelete