Sunday, December 27, 2020

Sunday Links

Elinor Carucci for TIME

Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Favourite Collars And The Stories Behind Them (above)

Temple Bar, Dublin, Live Cam 

The King William’s College quiz 2020 - I don't know why I even attempt this year after year.

Known as "the place where San Francisco begins" the iconic Cliff House is closing December 31. Read about its history.

Bruce, a frequent contributor to this blog, sent me this article about a Cutlass for life.

Sometimes only an interrobang will do. Thanks Bruce!


An Ode to the Before Times Or are we losing our minds?


Strange Company's annual look at the worst and weirdest vintage Christmas newspaper clippings.


The 28 Cultural Objects That Helped Us Survive 2020 This GQ list has a couple of items that interested me. I've ordered a copy of Twenty Days With Julian & Little Bunny by Papa, by Nathaniel Hawthorne for Harold and am looking forward to watching Toast of London because I am a sucker for British sitcoms about repulsive characters.

'Humans need the ritual of saying goodbye': the Covid life of a small-town funeral director. 

Make your meetings zoom-worthy with these Ikea catalogue video backgrounds 


 
When a shopping mall closes, where does its stuff go?

Wright Virtual Visits are a way for everyone, everywhere to safely explore and learn about the remarkable architectural legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright. Via Things Magazine

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marilyn,

    Your blog is on my list of 14 sites that I check each morning and we have exchanged a few emails. I always look forward to your posts. Today I was surprised to see a link to some things that I wrote some years ago. You called the link "An Ode to the Before Times Or are we losing our minds?" I'm not sure what that means.

    I have always been a researcher and I wrote those back when I thought that somebody might be interested in what I was learning about. Apparently not since most of the posts have less that 100 views in 5-10 years. I don't have a problem with that and have continued learning and researching. I just don't write things up anymore.

    Back then I was still teaching at university and had access to most academic journals. It really is criminal how hard it is for regular people to access the knowledge of the world.

    Happy holidays. I hope you, your family and friends are all well and enjoying the season.

    ReplyDelete