Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sunday Links


Sweetheart Grips How to show your gal that you love her. Via

Tennessee Williams with Air-Conditioning Maggie: Brick, I’m shutting the doors now that Big Daddy’s turned on the central air. We’re not paying to cool the entire Mississippi Delta.

Commuting, and Confronting History on a Remote Canadian Railway The Tshiuetin line runs through rural Quebec and is the first railway in North America owned and operated by First Nations people.

I Dressed Like Catherine the Great for a Week “Like God himself had spat me forth to land on this earth and in some way transform it. That I was here for a reason, a purpose.”

This week's house envy is in Wales where my mother was born: Goetre, Llanfynydd, Carmarthen 

Sand Circles The only thing we can rely on in the three dimensional world is impermanence.

Feeling crafty? Make this Zip Tie Sunburst Mirror.

It's 2020 and John Hamm narrates this video about a dad's newfound feminismVia Rusty's Electric Dreams

A Warning from the Chickens of the World Thanks Bruce!

We can't travel right now but here's the next best thing: 10 of the best novels set in Russia – that will take you there 

Architectural Models in Film: A quest to find as many architectural mock-ups in film and TV as possible.

My House, Not My Cat A bit of cuteness Via Miss C

I probably have some weird stuff in my attic after living in our home for 34 years but one thing I'm pretty sure I won't find up there is an Entire House 

"Grosse Fatigue" Tells the Story of Life on Earth

Gladiator 2: The strangest sequel never made? : Musician Nick Cave wrote a time-travel saga in which Maximus is not a gladiator – and an emperor laments his lightning-struck giraffe. Thanks Bruce!

Lest We Forget the Horrors: A Catalog of Trump’s Worst Cruelties, Collusions, Corruptions, and Crimes: The Complete Listing (So Far)

Ancient Scandinavian Herding Call

The Lingering Legacy of America's First Cookie-Cutter Suburb

I really like these beach paintings by Dutch artist Fred van der Wal 

Neil Young's Homegrown: "This album should have been there for you a couple of years after Harvest. It’s the sad side of a love affair. The damage done. The heartache. I just couldn’t listen to it. I wanted to move on." Listen here

Nocturnal olive harvesting banned in Portugal  It had been estimated that 96,000 birds were dying every winter in Portugal alone.

My mom was on welfare, my dad was a hippie, and my grandparents were two of the richest people in Toronto This is a great story. I'm wondering if the apartment where Anais lived above a Chinese restaurant in Parkdale was Bing's on King where a friend of mine lived in the 70s.

Quarantune: Modern English - I Melt With You 

12 still frames from Carl Theodor Dreyer’s The Passion of Joan of Arc 1928

This  'connected' face mask  can transmit messages and translate from Japanese into eight other languages.

Tired of bland emoji? The ‎YoMoji! App will bring some colour into your emoji world. Via

No comments:

Post a Comment