When The Beatles Came to Montreal



In 1964 I was just a little kid but my mum's relatives in Newport, UK sent us Beatles merch early on that made me popular at school. I had Beatles trading cards and t-shirts and my sisters and I screamed when we saw them on Ed Sullivan. I was so excited when I heard they were coming to the Forum in Montreal even though I was too young to go to a concert but my mum's younger sister, Sheila, got to go as a St. John's Ambulance volunteer. I guess she would have had to administer smelling salts to fainting teens. She trotted off in her uniform, carrying her first aid kit (which I still have) and promised to bring back their autographs. She was backstage after their performance but John Lennon shrugged off her request for an autograph. Fortunately Ringo said, "Don't worry Luv. I'll sign your book." He did and John and Paul did as well. When my aunt passed away many years later my husband and I were cleaning out her apartment and found this among her belongings. It was a little worse for wear but what was really surprising was the 4th autograph. Does anyone know who it was?



Comments

Statcounter