Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Sweet Revenge

A while back someone on Facebook reported my Sunday Links each and every week citing a "violation of community standards". Anyone who reads the links here will know that they don't violate any damn standards. Facebook, in their usual ham fisted manner, blocked these posts and also prevented me from posting photos or interacting on Instagram until they investigated my objections. This usually took 3 or 4 days. The problem was solved when I deleted all the "friends" I did not interact with. I'm still curious about who would have taken the time to torment me each week.

When someone was selling stories about Coleen Rooney to the tabloids she decided to find out who her tormentor was and took it up a notch



Read more here.

3 comments:

  1. I find it so absurd that anyone, of all the blogs I read on the internet, would find yours to have any issues, nevermind 'community standards', whatever those are considering how facebook dodges standards.
    Great way to convey your thoughts with the Coleen Rooney bit. Nice bit of detective work there & a nice reward.
    Wish you could have the same satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook is blocking any links from my blog, not matter how innocuous, as "violating community standards." I haven't the foggiest idea what to do about it, so I have done nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why anyone would go to the trouble of reporting me week after week. Facebook simply removed the post. It was more annoying when Instagram blocked me from doing anything on their platform because my account was linked to an "abusive" post on FB.

    ReplyDelete