Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Sometimes, BethAnn, to get a historic home at such a steal, you have to take a few lumps and bumps. Or rashes. Or unexplained bite marks.

The husbands from every haunted house movie ever made think their wives aren't giving the new house a chance:
Sherrilynne, I’m sorry to hear that you feel “on edge.” And “trapped.” And “like the wallpaper of your psyche is peeling back in ribbons.” That’s heavy. It sounds like you could use some more self-care, darling. Like when I go to the basement in the middle of the night and stare at the furnace with no expression. That’s my “me time.”
- - -
Okay, I admit it, Angela: the space gets a little drafty. And the roof leaks into the attic when it rains. And all the water stains look like faces. Buyer beware, I suppose! I’ll go to Home Depot tomorrow. 

More: McSweeney’s Internet Tendency

Via MeFi

No comments:

Post a Comment