Carmen Strikes Again

Don't be taken in. She is not as innocent as she looks.

The stinkbugs are awakening from their winter nap and I find one or two every day crawling around, looking for access to the outdoors. My young cat, Carmen, is obsessed with them and stalks them like a born huntress. She has had her eye on one that is walking around the edge of the ceiling. Last night she decided to make her move and jumped onto the frame of a large painting, bringing it down onto a lamp and a tabletop humidifier which tumbled to the floor. Like some sort of superhero Carmen managed to propel herself upwards onto a curtain rod at ceiling level, bringing the drapes and valance down. The bedroom is trashed and it happened in the blink of an eye. Luckily the painting was not behind glass. Despite an impressive effort by Carmen the stinkbug is still making its way around the perimeter of the room.
And the fun never ends. This morning I reached into a drawer to grab some fresh undies and found that the tabletop humidifier, enroute to the floor, had dropped half its load into the drawer. I had three choices: wet, dirty or no underwear. I went back to bed.
I'd prefer it if Carmen used her superpowers for good instead of evil.

Comments

  1. My amazement is 50/50 on the damage they can do, and the speed they can do it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter