Amelia Earhart's Camera on eBay


A Leica purportedly owned by Amelia Earhart, the first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic who disappeared while flying the Pacific over 80 years ago, has appeared on eBay. However there may be questions about the item's authenticity:
Please note I have absolutely nothing to prove that this was in fact Miss Earharts Camera and research would need to be done to confirm such, I have absolutely no idea how to do that myself. From memory over 40 years ago my Father told me that she found it fiddly to load, Miss Earhart may have studied photography, my Grandfather had said as much and described her as a keen photographer , she preferred a Kodak folding camera as I recall being told, she was also described as very nice and down to earth […]
The seller is asking GBP 50,000.00 for the camera.

More here 

Comments

Statcounter