Stranger Come Home


American photographer Ward Long started the series Stranger Come Home after a big break-up.
“I sold all of my furniture and shoved the rest of my stuff in storage. Disconnected from both the past we shared and the future of togetherness that we had imagined, it felt like I had stepped out of my own life. I visited old friends on one coast, my parents on the other, and all of the places that I used to live. I missed our old apartment, and the feeling of knowing every cup in the cupboard. I wondered what to do next, and if anyone really knew how to make love stay. I think a lot of people find themselves in this sad drifting world after big changes in life, but I stayed in that psychic space for a long time.”
His images depict loss, people, and landscape with literary precision.

More: FotoRoom

Comments

Statcounter