Meet Baddie Winkle

Helen Van Winkle aka “Baddie Winkle” is 87 years old. As an octogenarian she feels she's earned the right to dress however she wants. If that means wearing a sweatshirt plastered with a hyperrealistic print of Justin Bieber over green-rose-patterned leggings and a clutch of gold chains and tattoo chokers so be it. And 1.1 million Instagram followers love her just the way she is.
For Winkle, the idea that you should dress for your age is completely bunk: “I don’t feel old. I have never felt old. I think you can dress any way you want to.” Winkle lives in Knoxville, TN, with her granddaughter and her 19-year-old great-granddaughter, Kennedy, who was the one responsible for Winkle's Tumblr-teen style sense.



I hope I have half as much spunk and style when I'm her age.

Via

Comments

  1. I'd say she's already a great role model...and not just for 'old folks'.
    Awesome lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter