Fake Photo Of Economy Class Flying In The 1960s

image via Works That Work


Back in 2013 I posted the photo above which purported to show the wonderfulness of flying in Pan-Am economy class in the 1960s. I had no recollection of ever flying in such comfort but, hey, it was all over the internet so it must be true. Right? Some commenters quickly set me straight.



 Gizmodo debunks the photo for the second time since folks just won't stop sharing it. Economy class seating actually looked like the photo below which, if you ask me, looks pretty damn good compared to the sardine can seating we are wedged into today



Getty image



Comments

  1. I remember flying Philly to Madrid, first class on a 747, about 1980. It was roomy and comfortable but not as spacious as that photo.

    I suspect it's from a Boeing salesman's kit. It would fool the airline execs because they didn't fly commercial anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter