Saturday, May 10, 2014

School Lunches Around The World

Pakistan

When I was a little Nag I was bused to school and my mother packed a lunch for me every day. I had two sandwich choices: peanut butter or Cheez Whiz. I didn't like Cheez Whiz, especially the kind with pimento in it, so I opted for peanut butter. After a number of years I developed a hatred for peanut butter that remains with me to this day.

The Associate Press sent photographers to Asia, Europe, Africa, and South America to see what kids in different countries ate for lunch this week. I would have given my eyeteeth for some of these lunches. Others were worse than peanut butter sandwiches.

PARIS, FRANCE: Pike fish, green beans, and Paris mushrooms
JAKARTA, INDONESIA: Rice, meatball soup, tofu, and vegetables.
All photos APMore at  Business Insider
Thanks Bruce!

No comments:

Post a Comment