Saturday, March 01, 2014

10 Signs You Live With a Frenchman


Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live with a Frenchman? Are they truly the epitome of charm and romance? Evidently they like to shop, ski, read comics, shine their shoes and eat bread. They are also inordinately fond of bathroom clutter:
The French are addicted to their lotions and potions. There are currently about a dozen bottles leaving water rings on the shelves, and only two or three of those are mine. When I complain about the disorder and suggest we open one product at a time, Mr French is horrified, “But, I must choose how I smell in the morning. How can you ask me to wear a citrus scent on a day that must be sandalwood, or patchouli?”
I could live with most of what's on this list but #7 is an absolute deal breaker:
We stay Dressed at home, with a capital D, as in proper pants and a button-up shirt. Even on Sundays, lounging around in a time worn t-shirt and a pair of sweats is rather unthinkable. There is a certain discipline to Parisian lifestyle that can make being comfortable, ironically uncomfortable, like the one time you take out the trash in your slippers and have to spend the next three days assuring the concierge, butcher and most of your neighbors that no, you were not ill last Sunday, you were simply too lazy to put on a pair of shoes.

More signs you're living with a Freanchman at  HiP Paris Blog

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog , and always share your posts on my facebbok page.
    This post, in particular, is magical and sent me back to my childhood, when I use to spent my vacatiosns in a São Paulo's interior city, and my aunt didn't let me go out with no shoes, In my 7, 8 years I thought it was provincian. Great memory. thanks a lot. Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It is so good to know that someone out there takes the time to read my little blog.

    ReplyDelete