Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Golden Age Of Swizzle Sticks


image Via
Some of you may be having a cocktail or two tonight but will you be using nifty swizzle sticks like these to stir things up? I know I'll probably be using my finger.

(image credit: Karen Montgomery)

(a female figure and some glass octopus swizzle sticks;
images credit: Anne, Full Blown Glass)

In the 50s and 60s these items were de rigueur and my parents always had some of the plastic souvenir type ones (like those below) kicking around. We loved to skewer fruit chunks and stir our juice or ginger ale with them just like grownup ladies.

(images credit: Nicole Caulfield, Jimbo Walker)


More gorgeousness at Dark Roasted Blend

Thanks Bruce!

2 comments:

  1. If I got one of those octopus sticks, I think I'd slow down a mite.
    Happy New Year to you and Mr NAG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all the best to you in 2014. Thank you for all the wonderful content you send me!

    ReplyDelete