Copywriter Creates ‘Ad-Free Version’ Of VOGUE Magazine

The September issue of fashion magazine VOGUE is said to be  “the most important issue of the year” as it’s always released in time for the spring-summer pret-a-porter shows in New York, London, Milan and Paris.
What makes it important? Surely not the 70% of the magazine that is devoted to ads!
Singaporean copywriter Joseph G Davies, modified a copy of the magazine with a penknife and a black permanent marker to illustrate what an ‘ad-free version’ of the VOGUE US September 2013 issue looks like.



More at  DesignTAXI.com 

Comments

  1. Actually, I think the ads are the main point of the fashion issue. They are a way for the different companies to get their looks out to the world. They are the paper versions of runway shows, carefully crafted to show off the houses' art and product. I'm pretty sure that people who buy Vogue largely look forward to the ads in that issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hardly a fashionista; the only time I look at Vogue is when I'm getting my hair cut so I can't offer an informed opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter