Around The World In 29 Sandwiches

I love sandwiches, the perfect portable food, but have tasted very few of these. When I was in Uruguay a few years ago I had the Chivito (little goat) which includes everything but the kitchen sink: beef, mozzarella, tomatoes, mayonnaise, black or green olives, and often also bacon, fried or hard-boiled eggs, and ham. It was messy but delicious.


Later on I heard a rather stiff British woman describing the sandwich and commenting, "Who in their right mind would eat one of those?"

There was no Canadian sandwich on this list but if there were it would probably be back bacon on a bun. The one below is topped with maple beer bbq sauce for extra Canadian goodness.

Image credit


More sandwiches at Buzzfeed

Comments

  1. One of my great emigrating worries is the fact that America doesn't understand proper bacon.

    I have, this morning, been into my friendly local butchers shop, got Paul to show me three sides of bacon, and had my chosen smoked back-bacon (from a free-range pig raised just north of York), sliced in thick-cut rashers.

    All the bacon I've seen in texas is mystery-meat, sliced microtome-thin, and full of god-knows-what kind of chemicals.

    On friday morning, I went up the road from work to Whiteheads bakery, for a bacon/fried-egg/mushroom sarnie in a fresh-baked bun. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organic, humanely raised meat tastes better than drugged up factory farmed animals. The huge facilities in North America (Canada included) are disgusting places and the proof is in the meat, eggs and milk they produce. When I travel in Europe I am immediately struck by the quality of butter and eggs. I suppose it's too late to say something like, " Sorry dear, I'd love to spend the rest of my life with you but your rashers aren't thick enough."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter