Sunday, December 16, 2012

Doppelgangers


Over the years I have been mistaken for Canadian actress/comedienne Andrea Martin (above) several times. She used to live around the corner from us in Toronto and her son was in a nursery school program with my older son. We were both dark and short so someone with poor eyesight might mistake us for one another. More recently I was stopped on the street here in Niagara on the Lake and asked if I was Ms Martin and on a flight back from Paris I heard one woman whisper to another, "That's Andrea Martin." 

Photograph by François Brunelle

Photograph by François Brunelle

Canadian photographer Francois Brunelle is fascinated with the human face and the question of whether everyone has a doppelganger somewhere on Earth that looks exactly like them. For years now, he has been working on a project called I’m Not a Look-Alike!, which features portraits of people who look like identical twins but aren’t actually related at all. Brunelle looks for subjects whose faces are so similar that their close friends might have trouble telling them apart.
See more here
Via

4 comments:

  1. tommy9:57 am

    ...people confuse me with tom selleck all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember when Norm Haigh was mistaken for Tom Selleck? It was about 15 years ago and there was a story about it in the Advance. Rumours spread that Selleck was looking for property in NOTL but it was just Norm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you wouldn't have such a problem if you didn't wear your faux cheetah jumpsuit so often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually had a leopard skin pillbox hat (just like the song) and my sisters called me Edith Prickly.

    ReplyDelete